ETSI Centre for Testing and Interoperability (CTI) is organizing a remote Plugtests Interoperability event on CMS Advanced Electronic Signature (CAdES) scheduled to run from 2-13 December 2013.
This event aims at conducting interoperability test cases on CAdES signatures (ETSI TS 101 733) V2.2.1 as well as the CAdES Baseline Profile TS 103 173 V2.2.1. It will take into account the introduction of the new Archive Time Stamp attribute V3.
This event will provide full test coverage of the specifications including testing signatures evolution simulating real life situations. It will be based on the future test specification ETSI TS 119 124 “CAdES Testing Conformance & Interoperability”.
This Plugtests event will enable participants to conduct 4 types of tests (Interoperability and Conformance):
- Generation and cross-verification (Positive) tests.
- Only-verification (Negative) tests.
- Upgrade and Arbitration tests.
- Conformance testing (including new archive time stamp attribute V3).
The purpose of this event is:
- To enable participants to assess the level of interoperability of CAdES.
- To identify additional issues that should be taken into account in future CAdES standardization activities.
- To improve the quality of CAdES specifications.
- To ease the introduction of CAdES signatures, by providing the means to solve interoperability problems before widespread deployment.
ETSI plays a key role in the development of electronic signature related standards, including XAdES (TS 101 903), CAdES (TS 101 733), PAdES (ETSI TS 102 778) and TSL (TS 102 231).
This plugtest will include a set of specific test cases which will be defined in the future test suite ETSI TS 119 124 “CAdES Testing Conformance & Interoperability”. It provides full test coverage of the CAdES specification (ETSI TS 101 733) and to the related Baseline profile (ETSI TS 103 173).
As this is a REMOTE event, there will be no need for the participants to travel to the ETSI premises and all signature exchanges and verifications will be performed via the dedicated portal http://xades-portal.etsi.org.